Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Crazy week!!!

April will be a very busy month for me - I'm juggling numerous projects.

The first project is my new short film "The Loneliest Stoplight", it's about 6 minutes long and it's all colored and it looks beautiful.  I'll be in L.A. later this month and I'm going to have a famous comedian record the voice-over.  I'm very excited about this new short, it may be my best.

Also, I'm in the middle of animating my new feature film, written by the hilarious Jim Lujan.  He also designed it and is doing most of the voices.  I'm about 1/3 of the way through the animation, and in all modesty, I think it looks amazing and I'm having a ball.

The third ball I'm juggling is "Hitler's Folly".  I've shown a very rough cut to some friends who make documentaries, and although they think it's funny, they're having trouble with the main character's personality.  I think I know how to fix it, however I'll have to do some reshoots and that's going to take some time and money.  And I'm hoping to go to the final edit next week, so I'd better hop to it.

And the final big ball is the release of CHEATIN' in theaters across America.  It opens at the Village East Cinemas in New York on April 3, for one week only.  We decided to "four-wall" it, since no distributor was willing to take a chance on a hand-drawn animated feature for adults.  (Idiots!)

So we need to do a big publicity push to get some buzz going, and hopefully we'll get a big crowd to go to the Village East Cinemas.  I'll be there every night to talk and give sketches to all of the attendees.

From there, I go on to a 2 1/2 week tour of the U.S. to promote the film in 15 theaters.  You can see my schedule in my last blog post - I'm going to Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, Bellingham WA, San Francisco, Berkeley, Sonoma CA, Denver, Portland, Salem, Eugene OR, Corvallis OR, Columbus OH, Boston. 

And on April 21, we're offering CHEATIN' exclusively on Vimeo - and this is where we hope to cash in on all of our hard work.  I've been working on this film since 2009, and it's so great to finally see the fruits of my labor available to the public.

So, if you were a Kickstarter contributor, or just a fan of my animation, please help spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever - tell everyone to check out CHEATIN' - I think you'll fall in love with the film!

Thanks for your support!

--Bill Plympton


No comments:

Post a Comment