Friday, January 2, 2015

"Footprints" at Slamdance

Just a heads-up for everyone, my new animated short, "Footprints" (currently short-listed for the Oscars) has been selected to be shown in the great Slamdance Film Festival in Park City this January.

That's very exciting, because for two weeks every year, Slamdance and Sundance are the center of the indie film scene - all the press, distributors, buyers, agents, and theater owners go there, looking for interesting films.

It's my humble opinion that I may have had more films shown in Slamdance/Sundance than any other filmmaker.  (Though I haven't done the research to prove it...)  The reason is, I make at least one short film every year, and a new feature about every 3 years.  So chances are they'll get into one of the festivals or the other.

I'm guessing now, but I think I've had about 7 or 8 films that screened at Sundance, and maybe about the same number in Slamdance.  The funny thing is, I keep making these indie films while other filmmakers seem to either graduate to Hollywood to make big-budget films, or they go into real estate.   But me, I keep plugging away at my animation. 

So, if you're in the area, definitely check out "Footprints" at Slamdance, which will be screening in front of the feature "Bloodsucking Bastards" on Friday, January 23 at 8 pm in the Ballroom, and on Monday, January 26 at 1:40 pm in the Ballroom.

For more information, please go to:

http://showcase.slamdance.com/Passes-and-Tickets

--Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment