Friday, May 4, 2012

Directors' Height Contest

As to my famous directors "Guess Their Height" contest, I got some negative feedback on it -- a good friend of mine (a famous film writer who's a friend of Scorsese's) asked me why I was doing this. He thought I was trying to insult these famous men.

I said that I didn't come up with this contest as a put-down. I just thought it was curious that all these brilliant genius directors were shorter than average. Then someone said to me that there are other great Hollywood directors from the past that were also short -- Billy Wilder and Michael Curtis, for example. Maybe these directors feel that to compensate for their lack or height they must take on dominating positions in films.

Anyway, according to my research:

Peter Jackson is 5 foot 6 and a half inches.

Roman Polanski is 5 foot 5 inches.

Martin Scorsese is 5 foot 4 inches.


I love all their films and perhaps I would be a better director if I wasn't so tall.

2 comments:

  1. Scorcese! I thought so. He is pretty awesome, short folk should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete